The Guide to Digital Experience Platforms
From A to Z: Your Guide to Digital Experience Platforms
Last Updated: Jun 28, 2022
Digital Experience Platforms, or DXPs, are powerful tools that help businesses create rich, interactive experiences for their customers online.
DXPs work by bringing together all of the different digital marketing and content management features that a business needs into one centralized platform. This allows organizations to easily manage and optimize their digital presence across multiple channels, from websites and social media accounts to email marketing campaigns.
One of the key benefits of using a DXP is that it helps reduce costs associated with managing multiple platforms and vendors. Because everything is managed through one system, there is less overhead in terms of staffing resources and technical expertise required.
There are many different types of Digital Experience Platforms available on the market today, including open source options as well as more specialized platforms that focus on certain areas such as e-commerce or customer support. The right platform for your business will depend on your specific needs and budget. However, with the right Digital Experience Platform in place, you can significantly improve your digital presence and create a better experience for your customers online.
What is a Digital Experience?
At its most basic level, a digital experience refers to the interactions that customers have with your business online. This can include everything from browsing your website and reading blog posts, to signing up for an email newsletter or posting on social media.
A well-designed digital experience is key to keeping customers engaged with your brand online. It should be easy to use and navigate, with clear calls to action that encourage customers to take the next step in their journey with your business.
In today's competitive landscape, businesses need to do more than simply create a website and hope for the best. They need to actively manage and optimize their digital presence in order to stand out from the competition. This is where Digital Experience Platforms come in.
A few examples of digital experiences include:
- Creating a mobile app for different stages of the customer journey
- Offering a discount for signing up for your newsletter
- Creating a quiz or poll on your website
- Hosting a webinar or virtual event
- Designing an interactive infographic
- Creating an ebook or whitepaper
- Building a microsite for a new product launch
- Planning an email marketing campaign
- Implementing a chatbot on your website
- Investing in retargeting ads
Create Your Free Account Today
What is a Digital Experience Platform (DXP)?
A Digital Experience Platform, or DXP, is a powerful tool that allows businesses to manage and optimize their digital presence across multiple channels and devices.
Using a DXP, businesses can easily create and manage websites, social media accounts, email marketing campaigns, and other digital assets with minimal overhead and technical expertise.
One of the key benefits of using a DXP is that it enables businesses to deliver engaging experiences for their customers online rapidly and easily.
Whether you are looking to improve website performance, increase traffic from social media platforms, or launch new email marketing campaigns, a DXP can help streamline these processes and enable more effective results.
How Does a Digital Experience Platform Work?
A Digital Experience Platform works by bringing together all of the different tools and features that you need to manage your digital presence into one centralized platform. These platforms can include content management capabilities, social media management tools, marketing automation software, and more.
One of the key benefits of using a DXP is that it allows businesses to easily manage their digital presence across multiple channels effectively in one place. This reduces overhead in terms of staffing resources and technical expertise required, making it more cost-effective in the long run.
Types of Digital Experience Platforms
There are many different types of Digital Experience Platforms available on the market today, including open source options as well as more specialized platforms that focus on certain areas such as e-commerce or customer support. Some of the most popular types include:
- Website and content management platforms. These platforms provide a centralized hub for managing all aspects of your website, including design and layout, content creation and editing, analytics, security, and more. Common examples include WordPress and Joomla.
- E-commerce platforms. As their name suggests, these platforms focus specifically on features related to selling products online. They often include built-in tools for managing inventory, payment processing, and marketing campaigns targeted at customers based on their purchase history and behavior.
- Social media management platforms. These platforms help businesses manage their presence on social media, helping to streamline the process of posting updates, tracking engagement with customers, and improving targeting based on customer demographics and interests.
- Customer support platforms. These platforms offer a centralized location for managing all aspects of providing customer support online, including conversation histories, FAQs, troubleshooting guides, and more. This can help improve efficiency by reducing the need to switch between multiple systems or tools for managing different parts of the support process.
Choosing the right Digital Experience Platform for your business will depend on your specific goals and budget. However, with the right platform in place, you can significantly improve your digital presence and create a more engaging experience for your customers online.
The Benefits of Using a Digital Experience Platform
There are many benefits of using a Digital Experience Platform for your business, including:
- Improved customer experience. DXPs help businesses create more engaging and personalized experiences for their customers online. This can lead to increased customer satisfaction and loyalty, as well as improved sales and conversions.
- Increased efficiency. DXPs help businesses manage their digital presence more effectively and efficiently, reducing the need for multiple staff members to manage different platforms or vendors.
- Cost savings. By consolidating multiple systems into one platform, DXPs can help businesses save on costs associated with managing multiple vendors or platforms.
- Improved data insights. DXPs offer businesses improved data insights by providing a centralized location for tracking customer engagement and activity across multiple channels. This information can be used to improve marketing campaigns, optimize website content, and more.
- Improved scalability. DXPs offer businesses the ability to easily scale their digital presence as needed, without having to invest in additional infrastructure or staffing resources.
- Increased efficiency. DXPs improve efficiency by bringing all of the different digital marketing and content management features that a business needs into one centralized platform. This allows businesses to easily manage and optimize their digital presence across multiple channels from a single location.
Overall, if you are looking to create a better digital experience for your customers and increase the efficiency of your business, a Digital Experience Platform may be the right solution for you. With the right platform in place, you can enjoy all of the benefits that come with improved customer engagement and digital management.
Stay Up-to-date On All Things Digital
Get the latest content and resources from Lumavate delivered to your inbox every week.
Does My Business Need a Digital Experience Platform?
If you are a business owner or marketer, the answer to this question may seem obvious. However, many businesses fail to consider investing in a Digital Experience Platform (or DXP), even if they could benefit from the features that these platforms offer. Here are a few signs that your business may be ready for a DXP:
- You have multiple digital channels that require management and optimization. This could include websites, social media profiles, email marketing campaigns, and more.
- You have limited resources available for managing your digital presence. This includes both human and financial resources that could be better spent elsewhere in your business operations.
- You find it difficult to collect and analyze data about customer engagement across different online channels. A DXP can help you track this data in one central location.
- You want to improve your customer experience but are limited by your current technology infrastructure. A DXP can help you create a more engaging and personalized experience for your customers.
- You want to improve the efficiency of your digital marketing and content management operations. A DXP can help you save time and money by consolidating multiple systems into one platform.
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, investing in a Digital Experience Platform could be a wise decision for your business. By consolidating multiple digital channels into one platform, businesses can enjoy increased efficiency, improved customer experiences, and cost savings.
How Much does a Digital Experience Platform Cost?
The cost of a Digital Experience Platform can vary depending on the features that you require and the scale of your operation. However, in general, DXPs tend to be more expensive than other types of software due to the increased functionality that they offer.
For small businesses, it is not uncommon for a DXP to cost between $5,000 and $10,000 per month. For larger businesses, the cost can range from $15,000 to $50,000 per month.
What are Headless Digital Experience Platforms?
There are three main types of Digital Experience Platforms: headless CMSes, hybrid CMSes, and decoupled CMSes.
- Headless CMSes. A headless CMS, also known as a decoupled CMS, is a DXP that focuses primarily on managing content and delivering it to customers through different digital channels.
Unlike other types of DXPs, headless CMSes do not typically include features for creating or editing content. Instead, they rely on separate systems such as website builders or e-commerce platforms to deliver this content to users.
- Hybrid CMSes. A hybrid CMS is a type of Digital Experience Platform that includes both structured and unstructured components. This means that it includes both an editorial interface for managing content and pre-built website templates for delivering this content to users.
Compared to headless CMSes, hybrid CMSes are often easier to use but less flexible in terms of customization.
- Decoupled CMSes. A decoupled CMS is similar to a headless CMS in that it focuses on managing and delivering content, but differs from a headless platform in that it includes an interface for editing and creating content. This makes it ideal for businesses looking for more control over their digital presence, but with less flexibility than a full-fledged website builder or e-commerce platform.
In general, decoupled CMSes tend to be the most expensive type of DXP due to their increased functionality. However, they also offer more customization options and can be integrated with other systems as needed.
Overall, the right Digital Experience Platform can help businesses maximize efficiency, improve customer engagement, and save money on operations. While DXPs can be expensive, they offer a number of benefits that can make them worth the investment for businesses of all sizes. When choosing a DXP, it is important to consider your specific needs and budget in order to select the platform that is right for you.
How to Maintain a Digital Experience Platform?
In order to maintain a Digital Experience Platform, it is important to stay on top of regular updates, address any technical issues that arise, and integrate customer feedback into future changes and improvements.
- Regularly update your content and website templates. One of the key features of a Digital Experience Platform is its ability to deliver dynamic, personalized content to users. To ensure that your platform continues to provide an engaging experience for customers, it is important to frequently update your content and website templates with new information, images, or other elements.
- Ensure that all components are working properly. In addition to updating content regularly, it is also important to monitor the performance of all components on your DXP platform, including websites, apps, email templates, chatbots, etc. This will help you identify any issues or bugs in your system and make necessary adjustments as needed.
- Incorporate customer feedback into future updates. One of the best ways to improve your DXP platform is by soliciting feedback from customers and incorporating their suggestions into future updates or new features. This can help you better understand what users want and need, as well as identify any areas for improvement in your system.
With the right approach, businesses can continue to deliver high-quality digital experiences that keep users engaged and satisfied over time.
The History of Digital Experience Platforms
Digital experience platforms have been around for several years, but their popularity has grown in recent years as businesses increasingly focus on delivering personalized content and experiences to customers.
DXP platforms first gained traction in the early 2010s as a way for businesses to manage and deliver content across multiple digital channels. However, these early platforms were often complex and difficult to use, which limited their appeal to only the most tech-savvy businesses.
Since then, the number of DXP platforms on the market has continued to grow as more businesses recognize the importance of delivering a high-quality digital experience to customers.
Today, there are many different types of DXPs available, from decoupled CMSes to full-featured website builders and e-commerce platforms. Regardless of your business needs, there is likely a DXP solution that can help you create dynamic, personalized content for your users.
So if you're looking for ways to improve your digital presence and engage more effectively with customers online, consider investing in a Digital Experience Platform today.
How to Choose a Digital Experience Platform
When it comes to digital experience platforms (DXP), there are a lot of different options out there. So, how do you choose the right one for your organization?
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Make sure the platform is scalable.
- Choose a platform that offers flexibility and customization.
- Look for a DXP platform that integrates with your existing systems.
- Make sure the platform has robust security features.
- Choose a platform that offers good customer support.
These are just a few things to keep in mind when choosing a DXP platform. Take your time and compare different options before making a final decision.
How to Get Started Using a DXP
If you are interested in using a Digital Experience Platform for your business, there are a few things you need to do to get started:
- Define your goals. What do you want to achieve with your digital presence? Do you want to improve customer experience? Increase sales? Improve engagement? Once you have defined your goals, you can start looking for a DXP that will help you achieve them.
- Research different vendors. Not all DXPs are created equal. When researching vendors, be sure to consider factors like pricing, features, scalability, and customer support.
- Get a demo. Once you have narrowed down your options, be sure to get a demo of the platform from each vendor to see how it works and if it meets your needs.
- Make a decision. After reviewing the demos and considering your options, it’s time to make a decision and choose the right DXP for your business.
Digital experience platforms offer businesses a number of benefits, including improved customer experience, increased efficiency, cost savings, and more. If you are looking to improve your digital presence, a DXP may be the right solution for you. Follow the steps above to get started using a Digital Experience Platform for your business today.
How Your Business can Create Digital Experience Platforms with Lumavate
Lumavate is the no-code digital experience platform purpose-built for enterprises. We make it easy to create amazing digital experiences without the need for coding or IT resources.
Organizations such as IU Health, Cummins, and Delta Faucet use Lumavate to power their digital experience initiatives.
Interested in finding out how your business can harness the power of a Digital Experience Platform?
Here’s how it works:
- Select from pre-built templates or create your own custom template using our drag-and-drop builder.
- Use our library of built-in components to add features and functionality to your app without writing any code.
- Deploy your app on any web property or natively on iOS and Android.
- Collect data and get insights into app usage with our built-in analytics tools.
If you’re looking for a platform that will help you easily create digital experience platforms, Lumavate is the perfect solution. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help your business create amazing digital experiences.
- How Brands Can Leverage an Omnichannel Strategy for Product Launches
- Why Text Messaging is Must-have Channel
- Importance of D2C
- 10 Ways to Collect Mobile Opt-ins
- 8 Innovative Ways to Disrupt the Aisle
- 4 Ways to Collect Zero-party Data
- How to Increase Customer Engagement by Bridging Offline and Online Experiences
- 5 Creative Ways to Help Customers Find the Best Product
- 3-Step Starter Guide: Mapping Your Customer Journey
- 10 Ways to Create an Engaging Booth Experience
- How to Reduce Customer Support Calls
- How to Improve the Shopper Experience