Discover how easy it is to build an app with our no code platform Intro to the Enterprise Application Market
Enterprise Application Market
Looking into the enterprise application market might seem intimidating. With all of the enterprise software that is available out there in the enterprise application software market, there is definitely a lot of saturation. The global enterprise application market size is estimated to be about 256.51 billion USD by 2022 according to Grand View Research. As more people are on mobile, as well as employees, the demand for new software in the enterprise software industry is only going to continue to rise. Let’s take a deeper dive into the types of apps that marketers have to choose from within the enterprise software industry. There at native apps, web apps and Progressive Web Apps (PWAs).
- Native Apps - Native apps are the standard when it comes to building apps, but the tide is starting to change rapidly. When native apps are built, they can only be used on the operating system they’re built for. For example, if you google how to create an app for iPhone you will be sent to mostly native app building sites. A common list of native apps includes WhatsApp, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Web Apps - A web app is viewed through a browser, such as Chrome or Firefox. It adjusts regarding whether it’s being viewed on a desktop platform or a mobile platform. Only a single web app needs to be managed and maintained. Meanwhile, a native app is an app that is produced for iOS, Android, or another operating system. It is separate from a web app and requires that multiple apps be maintained.
- PWAs - A Progressive Web App is an app that utilizes web capabilities to create an outstanding web experience. These apps function just like normal apps, but they use websites for data storage and functionality, instead of the storage on your mobile device. (The best of both native and web apps.) That being said, compared with websites and native apps, PWAs are much more beneficial.
As you continue to look at the enterprise market share and figure out what application software makes the most sense for your team make sure to first figure out the type of app you’ll need. Custom software can be expensive, especially if you are building native apps for each mobile moment there is available. Lumavate can help your team build out the important mobile moments at a lower cost and great quality. Check out Lumavate’s enterprise pricing and how PWAs could be the solution to the demand for enterprise apps.
Application Development Market Size
As new technologies and software solutions arise in the enterprise application development market, new trends in mobile app development also arise. The landscape of mobile development originally started with native apps and having to build separate apps for each operating system. Due to the application development market size, native apps no longer are the go-to for building an app. Marketers now realize there are more efficient ways to build their app through no-code or low-code app builders. Let’s take a look at the three development styles used to build apps - open source, low code, and no code.
- Open Source - Open source refers to software that is publicly available rather than controlled by the original programmers. Therefore it can be modified, copied, and shared with others. So in terms of an app builder, open source means users can easily access, use, and modify the code of the builder.
- Low-Code - Low code means there is no coding required to use the app platform, but you can make changes to the existing code or bring in your own code if you want.
- No-Code - No code app builders mean no coding is required to use the app platform and there are likely limited options to change the code.
Low-Code and No-Code development platforms are on the rise in the rapid application development market (RMAD). RMAD is a term used to describe software that allows users to quickly crank out mobile apps. The rapid application development market size continues to grow and the enterprise application industry pushes to find new ways to build apps quicker. The enterprise software market size 2020 and enterprise software market size 2021 prove the application development tools market size will only continue to grow. As the global enterprise application market grows so will the business applications market. The business application market continues to change and evolve with technology.
Gartner IT Spending by Industry
After discussing the global IT market size and the demand that continues to be asked for software industries let’s now look at Gartner IT spending by industry. In the press release by Gartner, one of the leading global research and advisory firms in IT, they dive into the IT spending by industry 2018 and what their expectations are in 2019. At the Global IT Market During Gartner Symposium in 2018 their analysts projected that in 2019 IT spending would increase by 3.2 percent in 2019. IT spending is not going to stop but it’s also important that the enterprise software market Gartner discusses also has buying power in marketing departments. As marketers find solutions that are no-code and allow them to take app building into their own teams the demand for no-code enterprise software will only continue to grow.
Rapid Application Development Market
In this article we’ve discussed how the IT enterprise industry and web application market size continue to grow. Now we are going to dive into the details of Router Market Share, service provider market share, and Telecom vendor market share 2018 to gain a holistic understanding of what each sub-category market share looks like.
- Router market share - Enterprise routers are important products that are a necessity for businesses to work effectively. They are the tools used to connect the computer networks and the internet. The router market share only continues to increase as companies demand more power, more employees, and more computers to be connected to the internet on a regular basis. “In the first quarter alone in 2019, the enterprise and service router market grew 8.2 percent” according to Mordor Intelligence.
- Service provider market share - Service providers are vendors that offer IT solutions or service to users and organizations. This market share only continues to grow as demand for online services and applications rise. Gartner announced in 2019 that the worldwide IaaS (infrastructure as a service) market grew 31.3 percent.
- Telecom vendor market share - A telecom vendor is the owner of the infrastructure of the internet and network offerings. You can think of AT&T as a telecom vendor.
Each of these market shares has grown bigger because people are relying more heavily on mobile. Due to the increase in popularity with web apps, the web application market size has increased. Because the web application development market size has increased, marketers need to be aware of some of the things they can develop, such as PWAs. Take a listen to the Mobile Matters podcast episode where Stephanie Cox, VP of Marketing and Sales at Lumavate, and Alex Russell, Senior Staff Engineer at Google, discuss Progressive Web Apps: The Future of Mobile Web. Include the link to the Mobile Matters episode with Google’s Alex Russell.
Cisco Enterprise Market
The name Cisco is probably not new to you. Cisco Systems, Inc. is a multinational technology company that develops and sells networking hardware, software, telecommunications equipment and other technologies. Cisco enterprise market share 2018 was found to control 59 percent of the enterprise/campus market. And in 2019 Cisco market share 2019 was 50.9 percent in IDC’s Worldwide Quarterly Ethernet Switch and Router segment.
Software and Programming Industry Analysis
Mobile strategies are the key to most digital marketers' jobs. You need to be using the right tools and make sure the tools you do use work together by reviewing software and programming industry analysis. There are various types of software examples that marketers have to choose from when developing their mobile strategies. This article has already touched on software industry market size 2018 and the different types of mobile apps your team can build using app builders along with the different types of software used to build out apps. A mobile strategy is so much more than the type of app you build and how you build it. You need to make sure you have the right martech to accompany your app. How are you tracking app engagement? How is your team reaching out to customers through CRM technology? How are you building out your email campaigns? The software development tools market size only continues to grow and allows your team to choose from the top martech out there. (Which changes almost on an annual basis!) Making sure you run a full software market analysis on what you are currently using, what makes sense to look at alternatives, and what you are paying for that you hardly use. If you are interested in learning more about some of the top martech out there listen to the Mobile Matters podcast episode with the Martech where they discuss marketers and their tech stacks.The software development services market size will only continue to grow and its important to stay up to date on it!
Custom Software Development Market Size
- Mobile Marketing in Digital Marketing
- New Product Registration
- Digital Catalog Maker
- Product Catalog PDF
- Product Catalog Template
- Best Catalog Design Software
- Digital Product Catalog
- Product Registration Online
- Product Registration Card
- Simple Product Catalog Template
- User Guide Examples
- Buying Guide Examples