Enterprise App Market
Looking into the enterprise app market might seem intimidating. With all of the enterprise software that is available out there in the enterprise application software market, there is definitely a lot of saturation due to the enterprise application market size. The global enterprise application market is estimated to be about 256.51 billion USD by 2022 according to Grand View Research. As more people are on mobile, as well as employees, the demand for new software in the enterprise software industry is only going to continue to rise. Let’s take a deeper dive into the types of apps that marketers have to choose from within the enterprise software industry. There at native apps, web apps and progressive web apps (PWAs).
- Native Apps – Native apps are the standard when it comes to building apps, but the tide is starting to change rapidly. When native apps are built, they can only be used on the operating system they’re built for. For example, if you google how to create an app for iPhone you will be sent to mostly native app building sites. A common list of native apps includes WhatsApp, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Web Apps – A web app is viewed through a browser, such as Chrome or Firefox. It adjusts regarding whether it’s being viewed on a desktop platform or a mobile platform. Only a single web app needs to be managed and maintained. Meanwhile, a native app is an app that is produced for iOS, Android, or another operating system. It is separate from a web app and requires that multiple apps be maintained.
- PWAs – A Progressive Web App is an app that utilizes web capabilities to create an outstanding web experience. These apps function just like normal apps, but they use websites for data storage and functionality, instead of the storage on your mobile device. (The best of both native and web apps.) That being said, compared with websites and native apps, PWAs are much more beneficial.
As you continue to look at the enterprise market share and figure out what application software makes the most sense for your team make sure to first figure out the type of app you’ll need. Custom software can be expensive even with the custom software development market size. If you are building native apps for each mobile moment there is available, the price tag can get pretty high. Lumavate can help your team build out the important mobile moments at a lower cost and great quality. Check out Lumavate’s enterprise pricing and how PWAs could be the solution to the demand for enterprise apps.
Enterprise Software Companies
Mobile strategies are the key to most digital marketers’ jobs. And you need to make sure you are using the best enterprise software companies available to your team. There are various types of software examples that marketers have to choose from when developing their mobile strategies. This article has already touched on the software industry and the different types of mobile apps your team can build using app builders. A mobile strategy is so much more than the type of app you build and how you build it. You need to make sure you have the right martech to accompany your app. How are you tracking app engagement? How is your team reaching out to customers through CRM technology? How are you building out your email campaigns? What are some enterprise systems examples? The software development tools market size only continues to grow and allows your team to choose from the top martech out there. (Which changes almost on an annual basis!) If you are interested in learning more about some of the top martech out there listen to the Mobile Matters podcast episode where the topic of marketers and their tech stacks is discussed.The software development services market size will only continue to grow and its important to choose a software that is easy to use like Lumavate. Lumavate and our platform enable marketers to quickly build and deploy mobile apps with your teams security and scalability at mind.
Application Development Market Size
As new technologies and software solutions arise in the enterprise application development market, new trends in mobile app development also arise. The landscape of mobile development originally started with native mobile apps and having to build separate apps for each operating system. Due to the application development market size, native apps no longer are the go-to for building an app. Marketers now realize there are more efficient ways to build their app through no-code or low-code app builders. Let’s take a look at the three development styles used to build apps – open source, low code, and no code.
- Open Source – Open source refers to software that is publicly available rather than controlled by the original programmers. Therefore it can be modified, copied, and shared with others. So in terms of an app builder, open source means users can easily access, use, and modify the code of the builder.
- Low-Code – Low code means there is no coding required to use the app platform, but you can make changes to the existing code or bring in your own code if you want.
- No-Code – No code app builders means no coding is required to use the app platform and there is likely no option to change the code.
Low-Code and No-Code development platforms are on the rise in the rapid application development market (RMAD). RMAD is a term used to describe software that allows users to quickly crank out mobile apps. The rapid application development market size continues to grow and the enterprise application industry pushes to find new ways to build apps quicker. The enterprise software market size 2021 and enterprise software market size 2021 prove the application development tools market size will only continue to grow. As the global enterprise application market grows so will the business applications market. The business application market continues to change and evolve with technology.
Enterprise Software Industry
So far within the enterprise software industry we’ve looked at the enterprise app market and different types of app softwares. Let’s first note that it’s important to know enterprise software vs. saas (software as a service) is different. Enterprise software is a software that your organization buys and can then be downloaded on the organization’s server. Whereas, SaaS products are hosted on the cloud and accessed through the internet. Now we will look at an enterprise software industry overview to see the trends, forecasts, and the future of enterprise software. Some of the top trends in the enterprise software industry are the following:
- Cloud-based Enterprise Software
- Scalable Enterprise Software
- Machine Learning Enterprise Software solutions
These are only a few of the top trends. As the enterprise software industry size continues to grow there are going to be more trends and higher expectations from software companies. Just to show how expansive this industry has become, the enterprise software market size 2018 was approximately $419 billion USD and is expected to grow to about $557 billion USD by 2022 according to Statista. The market size software development is only going to continue to grow and evolve as the years continue.
Enterprise Market Share
In this article we’ve discussed how the web application and enterprise market share size continue to grow. Now we are going to dive into the details of Router Market Share, service provider market share, waf (Web Application Firewall) market share and Telecom vendor market share 2021 to gain a holistic understanding of what each sub-category market share looks like.
- Router market share – Enterprise routers are important products that are a necessity for businesses to work effectively. They are the tools used to connect the computer networks and the internet. The router market share only continues to increase as companies demand more power, more employees, and more computers to be connected to the internet on a regular basis. “In the first quarter alone in 2019, the enterprise and service router market grew 8.2 percent” according to Mordor Intelligence.
- Service provider market share – Service providers are vendors that offer IT solutions or service to users and organizations. This market share only continues to grow as demand for online services and applications rise. Gartner announced in 2019 that the worldwide IaaS (infrastructure as a service) market grew 31.3 percent.
- Telecom vendor market share – A telecom vendor is the owner of the infrastructure of the internet and network offerings. You can think of AT&T as a telecom vendor.
- Web Application Firewall (waf) market share – A web application firewall is an online security that filters the bad http data packets between client and web applications. As the software industry grows so will waf market share. There are different companies that are well known for the waf market such as f5 waf market share as one of the key players. According to Market Research Future the global waf market is expected to reach about 5.5 billion USD by 2023.
Each of these market shares has grown bigger because people are relying more heavily on mobile. Due to the increase in popularity with web apps, the web application market size and even enterprise networking market share has increased. Because the web application development market size has increased, marketers need to be aware of some of the things they can develop, such as PWAs. Take a listen to the Mobile Matters podcast episode where Stephanie Cox, VP of Marketing and Sales at Lumavate, and Alex Russell, Senior Staff Engineer at Google, discuss Progressive Web Apps: The Future of Mobile Web. Include the link to the Mobile Matters episode with Google’s Alex Russell.
Web Application Market Size
Speaking of web application firewall market size, let’s look into the web application market size a little more. As software companies continue to make strides in innovation, the increase in popularity with web applications and progressive web apps has increased tremendously. Because the web application development market size has increased, marketers need to be aware of some of the top performing technologies out on the market like PWAs. Progressive web apps bring the best of web apps and native apps into one place. Lumavate is the leading no-code PWA app builder on the market.
Cisco Market Share 2019
The name Cisco is probably not new to you. Cisco Systems, Inc. is a multinational technology company that develops and sells networking hardware, software, telecommunications equipment and other technologies. The Cisco enterprise market controls a large portion of telecom markets. Cisco enterprise market share 2018 was found to control 59% of the enterprise/campus market. And in 2019 Cisco market share 2019 was 50.9% in IDC’s Worldwide Quarterly Ethernet Switch and Router segment.